Wednesday 4 September 2013

More micros

Several new micros caught over the last couple of days, the first 2 at R&R's in Colwyn Bay and the last in Penrhyn Bay. The Bay ones were carcina quercana and acleris sparsana while back home I had either acleris laterana or the strawberry tort acleris comariana which can only be reliably sperarated by gen dis, although on size I would go for the former. Another trapping session produced one more new record for Conwy RSPB with setaceous hebrew character.
Acleris sparsana
carcina quercana
acleris laterana/comariana

1 comment:

  1. I run a blog for Smestow Valley LNR. I have started a nature network to protect our patches and coordinate wildlife surveys. Please could you e-mail me at smestowsightings@gmail.com and I can send you more information. Thank you. Kind regards, Chris Millward.
    movingmountains4nature.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete