Friday 10 August 2012

Trefriw - August so far!

I've been away for a while, so still catching up on lots of things, which has left little time to sort out moths. Last two traps I did produced very little for this time of year, but last night (9 Aug) I managed to get 28 species - but none in any great numbers.

I think I will have to invest in a new trap next year, this Welsh weather has destroyed mine after four years in the rain, which might explain why I am catching very few micros this year - they are all escaping through the gaps in the warped woodwork! Oh well.

Annoyingly, I caught another Barred Carpet and it flew when I tried to coax it into a pot so I could photograph it. As did a spectacularly clean and well marked Clouded Magpie.

This Gold Spot was quite confiding though (9 August)

Gold Spot (Plusia festucae)


























Also, on 2 August, I caught this Dotted Carpet (at least I think it is) - not that obvious when you compare it to the book, I had to look at other photo ref to come to this conclusion. First for me.

Dotted Carpet (Alcis jubata)

No comments:

Post a Comment